Under Slab Repairs
Some plumbing problems, such as a leaky faucet or a clogged toilet, can quickly and easily be addressed. Others, such as slab leaks, require more intensive and invasive repairs. A slab leak is any leak that has developed in the pipes that run underneath the home, below its concrete slab foundation. When a slab leak develops, it’s imperative to fix it as soon as possible to prevent further damage to the home. In Tucson, homeowners and commercial property owners can rely on the experienced team at Agile Plumbing Sewer & Drain, LLC. Our licensed and certified plumbers will quickly diagnose the problem, explain your options, and expertly perform the under slab repairs.
Warning Signs of a Slab Leak
A slab leak can require costly repairs, but the sooner you detect it and address it, the less risk there is of severe structural damage. Every homeowner should know the warning signs of a slab leak. They include the following:
- Decrease in water pressure
- Continually running water heater
- Warped floor boards or damp areas of carpet
- Areas of the floor that are noticeably warmer than the surrounding floor
- Pooling of water, either on the floor or around the edges of the foundation
- Visible mold and mildew, or the smell of mold
- Sudden, unexplainable increase in water bills
- The sound of running water, despite no appliances or faucets being on
If you have noticed any of these red flags, call Agile Plumbing right away. We’re available 24/7 to handle your emergency plumbing requests.
Under Slab Repair Options
The experienced plumbers at Agile Plumbing will recommend the most appropriate repair method for your property, based on your specific situation and your preferences. There are a few different approaches for under slab repairs.
- Spot repair: For a simple leak that offers easy access, plumbers can cut open the concrete and repair the leaky section of pipe.
- Re-piping: This is typically the preferred option when multiple leaks are present. The plumbers will install new pipes either through the attic or around the outside edge of the foundation. The old, leaky pipes are abandoned.
- Pipe lining: Minor leaks can be effectively dealt with by lining the inside of the pipes with a non-toxic coating of epoxy.
Agile Plumbing Sewer & Drain, LLC can send out a licensed and certified plumber to take a look at your slab leak right away. We provide free estimates on all under slab repair work and other plumbing projects. You can reach our office in Tucson at (520) 519-9963.